Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. Who can benefit from UMCIC’s technology connection services?
i) Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with plans to expand into the new markets
ii) Companies already exporting to expand their client base; and
iii) Companies looking for potential clients, customers, suppliers, investors or partners
2. How does UMCIC facilitate technology transfer?
With technology transfer, we work at assisting the entrepreneur in transferring skills, knowledge, technologies, methods of manufacturing and facilities among governments, universities and other institutions to new users who can then further develop and exploit the technology into new products or services.
3. What types of technologies will UMCIC provide technology matching and technology transfer advisory services for?
UMCIC is open to all viable technologies with high potential commercial value. Examples of technologies include (but not limited to) clean technology, environmental management, food and agribusiness, infrastructure, innovative manufacturing, marine technologies, and telecommunications.
4. What if we are looking for new technologies?
We have access to most of the universities and research institutions in Malaysia and will be able to assist entrepreneurs seeking to commercialize or license home-grown technologies. We serve as a bridge to connect the top industry player and innovators in each respective sector.
5. Our company is not ready to export our products/technologies yet. Should we still contact UMCIC?
Yes, you should. We can provide your company with valuable insight into the current value of your technology, and if viable, access to our international network of contacts, which allows you to explore possible new market opportunities.